I started 2016 with a huge amount of confidence that this year is gonna be my year. I wrote my 2016 goals and even make my theme of the year to really have a track. But apparently, things happen and life didn’t go my way. I don’t want to blame anyone or the universe for not taking the path that I wanted so I let myself think that these kind of things happen to everyone.
I’m really not proud of what I did this January. I almost forgot my goals and procrastinate so much. I didn’t take actions for me to slowly achieve my goals. But that won’t stop me from achieving it, I still have 11 months to make a complete turn-around. I decided to review myself one Monday afternoon after reading an e-mail coming from Arriane. She left an action step and asked three questions to really think about how well January went and improvements to make for February.
1. WHAT WENT WELL IN YOUR JANUARY?
- I got my first job/project online through Upwork.
- I was able to cover 50% of my savings money from my Upwork earnings. (I still have to process my bank account for them to release it.)
- I developed a habit of reading a devotional book every time I wake up.
- Started watching a series (Pretty Little Liars) and got hooked up on it. (Disadvantage is I tend to watch it rather than doing my school projects, my bad I know.)
2. WHAT DID NOT GO WELL IN YOUR JANUARY?
- I did not follow my diet plan which leads me eating fast food every lunch time at school.
- And because of that, I literally didn’t save any money.
- I also forgot updating my planner and my journal was empty for two weeks.
3. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE/IMPROVE/DO IN FEBRUARY?
- Follow up my bank accounts so my earnings from Upwork projects will go straight there & transfer it to my savings bank account.
- Plan my meal every Sunday of the week & include a cup of vegetables or fruits.
- Continue doing a short exercise everyday; using stairs instead of elevator and walking home from the main road.
- Strictly follow my Passion Fund Project so I can (really) save money.
- Take an hour a day to update my planner and look into my class and event schedules.
I feel better after reviewing myself for the month of January though there are lots of things that I should do but never did. Anyway, here we go with another month of the year and I’m looking forward for a productive February. I’m crossing my fingers to take an action with my answer on question #3!